Mentoring is a confidential relationship, where the Mentee can access a Mentor's wisdom and guidance to navigate obstacles in achieving career objectives.
- Being able to discuss and gain greater clarity, in an open and off-line environment, about career and development issues
- Proving encouragement to set more ambitious career goals, reinforcing belief in their own potential
- Having practical advice and help on organisational politics and behaviour
- The opportunity to be challenged constructively
- Transfer of knowledge
- Improved professional and personal networking
- Development of communication skills
- The opportunity to practice good developmental behaviours and additional skills outside their direct line responsibilities
- Development of their own self awareness
- Greater understanding of other areas withing the treasury and banking sphere
- Opportunities to capture and reflect on their own development
- Enhanced satisfaction - stimulating and rewarding fresh challenge, sense of pride in the Mentee's achievements
- Consolidating and extending professional and personal networks
In October 2018, the IACT
committee launched its first ever Mentoring programme. The pilot programme
consisted of 6 mentoring relationships and was an outstanding success.
If you would like to be considered for the next mentoring programme, please complete the attached application (Mentee Application Form -.pdf) and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details can be found HERE.
Similarly, if you are an experienced treasurer and interested in becoming a Mentor, please contact email@example.com