Mentoring is a confidential relationship, where the Mentee can access a Mentor's wisdom and guidance to navigate obstacles in achieving career objectives.
- Being able to discuss and gain greater clarity, in an open and off-line environment, about career and development issues
- Proving encouragement to set more ambitious career goals, reinforcing belief in their own potential
- Having practical advice and help on organisational politics and behaviour
- The opportunity to be challenged constructively
- Transfer of knowledge
- Improved professional and personal networking
- Development of communication skills
- The opportunity to practice good developmental behaviours and additional skills outside their direct line responsibilities
- Development of their own self awareness
- Greater understanding of other areas within the treasury and banking sphere
- Opportunities to capture and reflect on their own development
- Enhanced satisfaction - stimulating and rewarding fresh challenge, sense of pride in the Mentee's achievements
- Consolidating and extending professional and personal networks
In October 2018, the IACT committee launched its first ever Mentoring programme. The pilot programme consisted of 6 mentoring relationships and was an outstanding success.
Please note that the deadline has passed and places are filled for this year. If you would like to be considered for the next mentoring programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similarly, if you are an experienced treasurer and interested in becoming a Mentor, please contact email@example.com
Further details of this year's programme can be found HERE.